SERAC works to strengthen prevention, treatment, recovery, and advocacy efforts in order to promote behavioral health across the lifespan in eastern CT.
- View mental health promotion as a key element to the prevention of substance use, problem gambling, suicide and other related issues.
- Focus on the implementation of local environmental strategies that impact the root causes that contribute to substance use, problem gambling, suicide, and mental illness.
- Conduct ongoing community needs assessments to maximize data driven prevention planning.
- Are not a direct service provider. Needs assessment data is also used to identify gaps and barriers to treatment and recovery in the region.
- Advocate for data-driven decision making to address local conditions through the use of evidence-based programs and effective public policies.