SERAC engages with the communities of Eastern CT to implement proven practices that reduce the impact of behavioral health challenges across the lifespan.
This is achieved through collaboration, needs assessment, capacity building, and advocacy.
We envision a future for our region where:
- There is less substance use and problem gambling and a greater degree of mental well-being among residents.
- There is greater recognition of the importance, value, and impact of prevention.
- Individuals with addiction and/or mental health needs are engaged, supported, and empowered to work on their own behalf and feel included by their communities.
- Communities are empowered and responsive to their own mental health, substance use, and problem gambling needs.
- Communities are aligned and acting in collaboration across sectors, with data, and through responsive and evidence-based programs, activities, and services around prevention and promoting optimal mental well-being.
We envision a future for our organization where:
- We empower people to act and to live their best lives.
- We are a center of support for empowerment, collaboration, and capacity building at the local community level.
- We are recognized as a local, regional, and statewide resource in evidence-based programs, research, and evaluation.
- We have built a collaborative network to support prevention of substance use, problem gambling and other risky behaviors and promotion of mental wellness across the region.
- We are viewed as responsive community partners with expertise in our field.
- We are a diversified organization in terms of our work and our funding.
- Integrity: We are committed to operating with honesty and maintaining ethical standards.
- Excellence: We aim to be credible, reliable, and trusted in providing our expertise, data, and evidence-based practices to communities to support their activation.
- Collaborative: We strive to build trusting, supportive relationships with individuals, communities, and community partners based on mutual respect and mutual concern for the well-being of all.
- Innovative: We are future focused and create new knowledge and information to help communities meet both current and emerging needs.