Partnerships for Success - Strategic Prevention Framework
In October 2019, SERAC was awarded a five-year PFS-SPF grant from SAMHSA to increase the capacity of 21 towns in the Quiet Corner of CT to address youth substance abuse.
The geographic are under this initiative include the following towns: Ashford, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Lebanon, Mansfield, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Scotland, Sterling, Thompson, Union, Willington, Windham, and Woodstock.
In the five-year period, SERAC hopes to accomplish the following goals:
- Strengthen the regional infrastructure to implement the steps of the Strategic Prevention Framework
- Raise the current readiness score for the region to address youth substance use
- Increase data collection efforts across the 21 towns
- Reduce the rate of binge drinking among youth by 25% in 2024
- Reduce the rate of nicotine use (including electronic delivery systems) by 25% in 2024
- Reduce the rate of marijuana use by 25% in 2024