Regional Behavioral Health Action Organization (RBHAO)
CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Region 3
One of SERAC’s key roles as the RBHAO in region 3 is to maximize resources and improve integration related to mental health and substance use program planning, training, advocacy and resource development.
Some key functions through this initiative include:
- Assessing the behavioral health needs of children, adolescents and adults across the regions.
- Developing Regional Strategic Plans to include priority recommendations for prevention, treatment and recovery services.
- Administering the Local Prevention Council (LPC) grants to municipalities to stimulate the development and implementation of prevention activities.
- Building the capacity of local communities to understand and address problem gambling.
- Raising awareness and providing advocacy to the general public related to mental health promotion and substance use prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Leveraging funds to support prevention, treatment and recovery activities across each region.
- Maintaining the statutory requirements for meetings and membership for the organization.
- Serving on local, regional and statewide advisory and planning bodies.
- Providing naloxone (Narcan) training and kit distribution to communities.