CT State Opioid Response Initiative
In partnership with CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, SERAC provides local communities with mini-grants to build their capacity to develop and/or enhance local opioid addiction and overdose prevention and response efforts.
These activities include:
- Use local and state data to guide priority populations and strategies.
- Implement substance abuse prevention and behavioral health promotion initiatives within their communities.
- Utilize the Change the Script, Live Louder, and You Think You Know state campaigns’ messaging.
- Promote and sponsor a Drug Take Back Event.
- Purchase prevention materials for school or at risk populations.
- Provide re-entry bags for local treatment providers and wellness bags for individuals served by local town agencies.
- Collaborate to offer QPR and Narcan Training and provide information on the Prescription Monitoring Program.